Sunday, 2 December 2012

Penny Black Pop Art

Hello,

I have been quite good this week and I had my sample done early. I don't know where the inspiration struck but Andy Warhol's pop art images came into my head and I had to use it with my Penny Black stamps. I always thought Penny Black stamps were named after the famous postage stamp, but it turns out it is the name of the owner of the company!! What a cool name!!

Anyway here is my card, I used glossy card stock, cut into 2 inch squares which I then stamped the same Penny Black cat in Versamark. Then using Adirondack inks, I brayered the colour, leaving a resist of the cat. Then using one of the opposing colours of Adirondack ink, I stamped the cat again slightly lower down, to give a shadow effect. The sentiment is a very apt Andy Warhol quote and the awful handwriting is my own. Sorry the photo's aren't great, the light was going and my flash didn't like glossy cardstock.






I hope you have enjoyed all the lovely creations this week and next week we will be looking at Bunting!!

Take Care

Beth XXXXX

4 comments:

  1. This is outstanding Beth,x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is brillant and I love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow another completely alternative idea for card making.....this could be a method used for so many occasions, canvas, signs etc...Brilliant :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic Beth, i bow down to your artistic talent! lol xx

    ReplyDelete