Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Anyone for a cuppa?

Well this week is whizzing by and its my turn sandra to put up my project for this week, which was Kanban.
Well when i got this set (keep calm birthday topper) i was completely stumped for an idea! After much deliberation i came up with the idea to do a easel card and the rest followed very easily.

I made the easel card then covered the bottom and front in the union jack card which comes with the kit. I then used the put the kettle on topper the card looked very plain, so i got my thinking cap on and found a stamp i had of a cup and saucer, i stamped this 3 times on different coloured paper. I cut out the cup and saucer on one and just the cup on 2 and layered them up and stuck with foam pads to the side of the card. I then got my banner punch and punched out 3 banners from the rest of the union jack card and stuck them over lapping on the top corner and of course i added 3 pearls to finish and 3 gems to hold the card up. I was very pleased with how it turned out and felt it was in keeping with the very British year ie the diamond jubilee, Olympics etc we have had.Don't forget to pop into Stampncraft at yeovil and see the fab range of Kanban that Beth has.
Thanks for taking the time to look at our blog. Please leave a comment so we know you've been here. Sandra x

6 comments:

  1. Wow Sandra, love what you done with your toppers and the cups are perfect for the sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great easel card sandra, love it! :0)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is my favourite so far this week :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Putting on my shoes & coat to come over for that cuppa now -.may be cold by the time I get to you tho. What a great card Sandra, & you're so right, a fantastic card for the momentous year we've had xx

    ReplyDelete