Saturday, 20 October 2012

Stamp N Craft DT

Hello,

Today I have some very exciting news!! Stamp N Craft now has a Design Team.

There will be 6 lovely ladies helping me showcase some of the amazing products we have available here at Stamp N Craft. We will be challenging each other and pushing our comfort zones to help inspire you.

To kick off this exciting new venture, we will be using my favourite brand of stamps from the amazing Glenda Waterworth at Chocolate Baroque.

The stamp set I have chosen is a stunning Christmas set called Harlequin Christmas and is available at Stamp N Craft. Each of the ladies will introduce themselves and post a project made from the Harlequin Christmas stamp set.

Then each week there will be a theme and each DT member will post a project relating to that theme on a set day.

Mon  = Kelly
Tue = Angie
Wed = Sandra
Thur = Tanja
Fri = Sophie
Sat = Kay
Sun = ME!! (Beth)

Our first week's theme will showcase more beautiful Chocolate Baroque Stamps so why not pop in and check out the amazing selection of these fabulous stamps! The quality of these stamps is second to none and the designs are absolutely stunning.

Harlequin Christmas

So to start things off I have made a really quick and simple Christmas card to highlight just how beautiful this set is.


Beth

I stamped the bauble first onto a cute 4X4 white card blank, in Brilliance Galaxy Gold ink. I then made a mask of the bauble from a post it note and stuck it over the top of the stamped image.  I then inked the large diamond background with Distress Ink in Barn Door and stamped over the masked image so that the whole of the 4X4 card was covered. I removed the mask and voila the background is behind the bauble. I didn't add a greeting as I like the simple and clean look, however you could easily add a greeting or further embellishments to suit your taste.




Hello I am Sophie, I started crafting when I was younger then stopped as school became more important. I then met the fellow design team members through Sandra's son last April and then that is what made me start crafting again. I am currently the youngest in our craft group at only nineteen which I enjoy as everyone else is so nice and caring so I am never left out. I am currently a care assistant and love to relax and unwind in my craft room on my time off. I enjoy a wide variety of different crafts but my favourites to make and design have to be altered art or cards. I am hoping that bringing my youthfulness to this design team will inspire other young adults and children to start crafting and share my joy at creating something wonderful.

Here is my card I made out of the fabulous Harlequin Christmas set.


I used VersaMark to stamp the two images onto white card, I then heat embossed them with Red and Gold embossing powder. Once then had cooled I distressed the background stamped image with frayed burlap distress ink and I also distressed a rectangle piece of white card slightly bigger then the main stamped image and layered them together on a blank white card. On the building of the main stamped image I have filled it with Stickles (Crystal) and coloured two snowflakes and a reindeer from a selection of wooden Christmas images. Everything used on my card was brought from Stamp N Craft.

Thank you for having the time to read my section and I look forward to hearing from you all.
Much Love Sophie x


Hi all well i am the noisest of the group with a craving for chocolate so turned to crafting to stop eating it...lol
Am very excited at being a DT member though hubby has now hidden his wallet :) Looking forward to using lots of exciting projects that Beth stocks and extending my reportoire and craft room! I like to try most things and have the claim to fame as the tidiest craft room. Well I enjoyed using the stamp set and playing with my distress inks.I stamped the image twice and then distressed the first one and then cut out the diamonds from the second image and applied distress inks again and then layered up using 3d pads.Added mirri card to give it a kick and one of my fave christmas sayings and used card and gems from my stash. Everything else was purchased in StampnCraft but shush dont tell hubby.....lol. You can find me hiding here

Thanks for having me Beth,x
Hi I'm Sandra and i'm the well behaved one of the group. I started crafting about 5 years ago. I was home poorly and happened to come across Create and Craft on the TV and had never seen any cardmaking before, I thought i can do that and bought a kit. I've never looked back. I have met some amazing friends through crafting, most of them on this design team. Poor Beth if only she knew what she'd let herself in for! I love all kinds of crafting but especially altered art and Tim Holtz is my hero. I change from inky cards to simple cards and am known for adding pearls to every card even male ones! This is my card
As you can see this time i've opted for a very simple look, this is the kind of card i'd make if i had to make a lot of christmas cards. I've used one of the baubles from the set and stamped it straight onto the white card using Tim Holtz distressed ink Broken China, i've then masked the bauble and stamped another next to it in Tim Holtz Barn Door and one the other side in Tim Holtz Peeled paint. I then added a row of different colour pearls to each bauble and a bow. Finally i used a Happy Christmas stamp, i managed to ink it with the same 3 colours to complete the card. All products can used from Stamp N Craft.(except the happy christmas which is from my stash). Look forward to chatting again.You can find me Here


Hi, my name is Angie, i love crafting, i started about 5 years ago, mainly because i had recently given up smoking, and needed something to do, with my hands! I started with Decoupage, and then discovered stamping! the rest is history, lol and my downfall, probably why, I`ve never got any money too! I also, love getting inky, hence my blog name! also love playing with Micas, and Stains, anything messy really,
So, now onto Stamp`n`Craft, thank you to Beth, for inviting all of us, to be her first Design Team, there will be many more, I am sure! so, here are my cards, they are from the same stamp set, as the others, (but I`ve lost my bit of paper with it writen on!) lol
Recipe:- white card stock, stamps inked with TH`s Distress Ink Broken China, matted onto silver mirror card, blue glitter card, again, matted onto mirror card. the baubles are outlined with Wow blue gltter embossing powder the blue ribbon, and peeloff sentiment are from my stash

Smaller card Recipe:-
 white card stock, silver mirror card, stamped with momento ink, coloured with pro-markers, then covered with acetate, which has been glittered with clear glamour dust glitter, (can`t really see it, in the picture!)
Holly Brads and ribbon are from my own stash!
everything I`ve used can be bought at Stamp`N`Craft! where the lovely beth will be only too happy to help you!



Hello peeps! My name is Tanmo, im nearly 27 and have been crafting for about 8 years. I started off when my friend was doing some quilling, and I had a go. I made some little robins and christmas trees and stuck them on to a plain white card. Very Clean and Simple, although I didnt know that term then! I bought a card making magazine and that was that.
When Im not crafting I work as an administrator type person in a call centre, and sometimes even spend time with my long suffering boyfriend!
Anyway, enough about me, here is my card:




Sorry about the naff picture, the light is terrible here today.
I stamped the card in black memento ink, coloured with distress ink, highlighted with white embossing powder, and stickles. You cant really see but the leaves on the tree in the top right are picked out in stickles. All of the supplies listed are available from stamp N craft.
Hope you like my 1st DT card, Im looking forward to sharing more with you, I know I will enjoy being on this DT as its a fab lunch of girlies, and we all meet up in real life, and spend time chatting, a bit of crafting and lots of eating!


Hi all,
I'm Kelly, I'm the last one to join this group of lovely ladies. I started card making when I made my wedding invitations 11 years ago. My obsession for all things craft has grown from there. I spend a lot of my spare time crafting and love creating all sorts of things which I'll be sharing with you on here. For my card I had a go at the clean and simply look. It's the first time I've tried this and it's turned out quite well.



I used the baubles from the Harlequin set stamped in gold ink. I stamped the snowflake background using wow powder white and the snowflakes are from the set I'll be sharing with you tomorrow for my first post. So it's a bit of a sneak peek as well. You can find all the bits I used to make my card at Stamp N craft. Don't forget to check back here tomorrow when I'll be starting of the week with some Chocolate Baroque Christmas stamps x


I hope you enjoy this post and all the beautiful cards made by a talented group of ladies and keep an eye out for more!!

Take Care for now, Beth XXX

6 comments:

  1. thanks for giving us all the chance beth and your cards are gorgeous ladies,x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant selection of cards, amazing how different they all are!
    love angie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All amazing cards :) well done everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all stunning cards.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on setting up your own DT Beth, hope all goes, well. (Sorry I have only just seen this). I think everyone is making some inspiring samples. Keep up the good work.

      Lesley @ Chocolate Baroque

      Delete