Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Inspector Gadget

Hello,

I know, I know a very unusual post for a craft blog, but at the weekend I had a chap come in to Stamp N Craft and ask if I could help him make a propellor for his hat. I must have looked completely bemused as he then explained that he was going to a fancy dress party as inspector gadget and wanted to attach a propellor to the hat.

My first thought was, no I can't help, but then inspiration hit me and I rushed off and grabbed some silver mirri, drew round a paper bin cut it into quarters and stuck it to a base. I then cut a cog shape out of mirri using my Making Memories Slice machine and stuck it in the middle. I found a bolt and some nuts lying around and made a hole so that it could be inserted into the hat and would be able to spin round.

I have to say that it was the most fun I have had for ages and I would love to have seen the chap all dressed up, it just goes to show you the weird and wonderful things crafters get up to!!

Top

Close up of top

Bottom
Take Care Beth XXX

1 comment:

  1. Well that certainly was a most unusual request but quess he was well chuffed with the end result,x

    ReplyDelete