Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Chocolate Baroque Day 3!!

Well it's Wednesday today, so my day to showcase my cards made from some Chocolate Baroque stamps. I have actually used elements from 3 of the gorgeous Chocolate Baroque sets they are the Fly away with me set, the Sing your song set and the Home sweet home set (which is my own). I have tried to show the versatility of the stamps by making a home card and a Christmas card. My cards are very simple and easy to make. I stamped the little bird house straight onto my white card then stamped another onto a small piece of plain white card and coloured with THoltz distressed inks (Dried Marigold, Peeled Paint and Aged Mahogany) I then stamped the little bird onto white card and coloured with Broken China I cut this and the house out. I then cut a long piece of black card and stuck down the side of the card. I stamped the Home sweet home onto white card coloured with the inks and cut into individual words. i then stuck these on the black strip. I wanted the bird house to be hanging so used the tail of the bird as a sort or hanging flourish. Then i layered the house and bird onto the card with foam pads. Plus a pearl for the eye!! The card looked to blank to me so i used the bird on branch and just stamped the branch around the edge. I found some string i had and wrapped some on the middle of the card and tied and made a cute little bow for the house.
The second card was simple stamped the bird onto white card inked the background layered onto black card stuck onto the white card. Stamped saying, glittered branch, punched out scalloped circle and circle and put stickles onto a wooden snowflake and added pearl. Simple. Sandra x

Most of the items i used can be got from the lovely Beth at Stampncraft in Yeovil.
Annettesartypassion 

7 comments:

  1. 2 great cards today sandra. love them both. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them sandra, my fav is the home sweet home one, lush! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good Sandra, pleased to see you got a pearl in there x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Sandra. Think I like the top one the best as I love how you used the flourish to hang the bird cage from x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards, Sandra!! Love how you used the stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards Sandra, I love these stamps you're all using, very classy!
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inspirational use of inks on my fave, card one. Using the birdcage in a "darker" way instead of pink & fluffy is genius xx

    ReplyDelete