Wednesday, 21 September 2011

Brayering Techniques

Hello,

Today's card sample is an example of brayering and decoupage with stamps.


I started with a A6 piece of glossy card stock

Then using the Poppies Set of stamps from the Sheena Douglas Paint Fusion range, I stamped the word "poppies" across the bottom of the card with Versamark embossing ink.

I let the ink dry and then I brayered over the card using a Speedball brayer and the Ranger Big N Juicy ink pad in Waterfall, to make the background.

I stamped the Poppy stem from the stamp set at an angle using Black Stazon.

I stamped the Poppy head from the stamp set several times on a piece of plain white card stock. I then coloured the poppies with Fired Brick Distress ink, using the Dreamweaver brushes to lay on the colour of the Poppies.

I cut out the Poppy head and then layered them up using Pinflair glue gel to create depth and then I stuck one of the flowers on top of the stem and stuck the other flower over the words, using Pinflair again.

I then layered the card onto some gold mirri card using Pinflair Foto glue to finish.

I hope you like my card!

All of the products listed above can be found inshore at Stamp N Craft in Yeovil.

Take Care and Ta Ta for now Bethxx

1 comment: