Saturday, 20 August 2011

Chocolate Baroque Steampunk Christmas

So yesterday the lovely Anne from www.stampsandpaper.blogspot.com popped in and we were chatting about the Less is More challenge blog. Well I find it quite difficult to restrain myself when crafting, especially if there is something shiny to use (must be the magpie in me!), so I felt inspired to try my own less is more challenge using the beautiful new Steampunk Christmas stamp plate from Chocolate Baroque. I thought this plate would be perfect for less is more, as it is so detailed and unusual it needs very little to stand out from the crowd.





















This is such a beautiful plate and is suitable for both men and women alike. It is also very versatile as the cogs can be used for any occasion, not just for christmas.

Anyway I couldn't help myself I had to use something shiny so I got out my trusty glue pad and my gilding flakes and stamped away.





I started with a A5 piece of black card in landscape.

I then stamped the small cog christmas tree in the upper left corner of the card, using the Tsukeniko glue pad.

I carefully laid on the gilding flakes and pressed down with my fingers to ensure good adhesion.

Using a Dreamweaver stencil brush (you need a fairly stiff brush to get the desired effect) I used a circular motion to rub off the excess flakes (keeping them of course, we crafters waste nothing!)

I then stuck a piece of Double Sided Tape (DST) across the bottom of the card and using the same method as above applied gilding flakes to the strip.

I masked off the gilded strip using a post it note cut to size and then overstamped the large flower from the Steampunk Christmas set in Versamark (trying to create a subtle effect)

I stamped the small Noel greeting from the Steampunk Christmas set in Versamark and used a Cosmic Shimmer mica powder in Enchanted Gold. (I do love mica powder such a small amount goes such a long way and the effect is fantastic.) I cut out the greeting and Mounted it in the top righthand corner of the card using my trusty Pinflair glue gel.

Lastly I stamped the Noel greeting again and gilded the cog, which I then cut out and stuck onto the greeting with Pinflair again.

I hope you like my card, it was not easy to photograph so I apologise if you can't see the watermarked flower very well.

Ta Ta for now Beth XXX

3 comments:

  1. This is great and photographing black is difficult I know. I've just used one of these stamps to enter the Bah Humbug challenge (it's on my blog).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Beth - now I know I want that stamp plate............will have to do something about that. The effects of the gilding flakes on the black card are gorgeous. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!
    I just bought this set of stamps and was looking for some inspiration...
    Beth, this card is simply beautiful, love the guilding effect.

    ReplyDelete